Bill of Rights for Women Facing Unintended Pregnancy
A Woman Facing Unintended Pregnancy Has The Right To:
- Receive services in a non-judgmental, caring environment committed to maintaining confidentiality of patient records except where required by law.
- Receive professional medical services from organizations committed to integrity, free from manipulation or coercion.
- Receive services in a confidential environment that supports her right to make her own decisions regarding her pregnancy.
- Be respected enough to make a decision that is right for her by receiving a non-biased presentation of all her pregnancy-related options.
- Receive comprehensive information about her current medical status, including information about the nature and physiology of her current pregnancy.
- Access objective information about all of her legal options related to pregnancy and pregnancy termination.
- Receive services from an organization that has written documentation of all services and information provided, to insure that every patient receives the same objective information delivered with the same standard of excellence.
- Receive services from an organization that uses a written verification process that services have been provided according to written protocol on a per-patient basis.
- Fully understand how an organization stands to financially profit from any particular pregnancy decision a woman may choose to make at that organization.
- Receive standardized medical services by organizations held accountable to follow protocols designed to insure that all services and information are delivered ethically and objectively.
- Assurance of high quality medical follow-up care provided by or arranged by the physician responsible for the initial delivery of service.
- Access to ongoing, long-term community support should she choose to carry the pregnancy to full-term.
- Patient is responsible for providing all pertinent and accurate health history information to provider.
- Patient is responsible to participate in determining her treatment plan.
- Patient is responsible to follow prescribed treatment agreed upon with provider.
- Patient is responsible to understand his/her rights.
- Patient is responsible to communicate suggestions, complaints, grievances using an exit survey process, completed at the end of each appointment.
Limitations of Services:
- Women’s First Choice Medical Center is a non-profit organization. All of our services are free, including a urine pregnancy test, an ultrasound if that test is positive, and limited Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing, as well as a situational assessment and personalized pregnancy options consultation provided by a trained Patient Advocate.
- The medical services are all referrals and are not performed or provided by Women’s First Choice Medical Center but rather by licensed medical professionals. A physician must confirm your pregnancy test with an ultrasound to determine viability.
- By signing below, you are giving your consent for a urine pregnancy test to be performed by a licensed medical professional and for the results to be verbally provided to you by that individual immediately following the completion of the test.
- Whether the pregnancy or STI test is positive or negative, you should consult with a licensed physician. If you do not have a physician, the Advocate will offer referrals.
- Some of our advocates are volunteers, and are all trained in crisis counseling though not necessarily licensed or degreed personnel. The counseling obtained here is not intended as a substitute for professional counseling.
- All information is kept confidential except if child abuse or other mandated reporting laws apply or if we believe or hear that you are in danger of hurting yourself or others.
- Women’s First Choice Medical Center does not perform or refer for abortion, which includes not providing confirmation of pregnancy for abortion retention purposes.
- Women’s First Choice Medical Center does not profit from your decision.
I have read and understood the above and hereby authorize the staff of this office to render whatever services are necessary for my care.